Wednesday, June 17, 2009

love

I. love. my. job.

I can't imagine doing anything else with my life...

My position isn't exactly enough to live on long-term. But if we buy that other building and make it autism-only...we'd need more teachers, surely? I could be a teacher?

Because right now the prospect of secondary English provokes the following reaction in me: "meh." I mean, it would be fine. But I don't think it would be nearly as satisfying as what I do now. I don't think there's as much love in that line of work. And maybe that's selfish of me. But I love my kids with all my heart. It's not the same thing I have with Carly, but it's similar. I don't know if I have it in me do love the hundred-something teenagers I would have at a time.

Hmm. Maybe I should figure out if MSU has a certification/master's concurrent program for special ed.

3 comments:

  1. Do it!! I think you would be fantastic at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not many people have the patience for what you do...especially not day-to-day. I'm very proud of you and so happy you're loving your job. If I may, I would definitely recommend you stick with special ed. It's hard to find people who love their students and their job as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete