Monday, October 10, 2011

Blogging in couplets

(muahaha to blogging in couplets. getting old yet? ;) )

Grieving again, except this time it's real.
I really can't figure out what I should feel.
We don't have what it takes to last fifty years--
I need to accept it in spite of my tears.
Rock bottom, I gave him a shot at what-if
he ignored it, 'though I reckon that he got my drift.
The difference between nostalgia and not-letting-go,
I couldn't figure out a year ago.
Accept it and move on...

accept it and move on.

there's no future for me down this road.
there's a greater story to be told.

I'm just so damn stubborn, I'm sure you all know.
once I decide something I can't let it go.
I'd made up my mind, no questions, no fuss.
What do I do when it's all in the dust?



"Just between you and me, getting older and more responsible is kind of horrible sometimes."

No comments:

Post a Comment