Wednesday, April 13, 2011

thump, thump, clap

Found myself listening to Katy Perry's "ET" featuring Kanye West with my mother the other day. As the lyrics got explicit, I apologized, "uhh...I like the beat?" Mom replied, "It's just 'We Will Rock You!'"





thump, thump, clap

thump, thump, clap

It really is, to invoke those commercials from the turn of the century, "the saaaame thing!"

So, my question is, how come Katy's song tempts me to make a few well-placed phone calls or facebook messages to find myself some company, while Queen's is the least sexual thing I've ever heard? Is it just association? I mean, "We Will Rock You" = football games = not sexy. Or the lyrics? Queen's aren't sexy, but neither is Kanye's "first I'll disrobe you then imma probe you." Even Katy purring "a whole nother world," which horrifies me in theory, doesn't break the mood.

Fascinating...

No comments:

Post a Comment