Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Disturbing disney dilemma

Fact:
I haven't watched near enough Disney movies lately.

Actually, I haven't watched ANY Disney movies lately.

Actually, I never fuckin' saw the Princess and the Frog, and it's out on video now, so what's my excuse??? I mean, that movie was marketed to me. Specifically. The previews starting out with Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, basically my childhood. And the prince is soooooo handsome--Disney's hottest prince since Aladdin! And it's Disney's first black princess! And I can't wait for some fresh Disney meat to chew up from a feminist perspective!

I've been feeling like watching Snow White lately. Which is odd because I never really liked that one--actually, I never really gave it a chance because her voice bugs me. I guess I could buy it and watch it. I have a habit of buying these movies and never watching them (see also: Pinocchio, Oliver and Company, Dumbo, several others).

i'm wishing (i'm wishing)
for the one i love (for the one i love)
to find me (to find me)
today (today)
i'm hoping (i'm hoping)

and i'm dreaming of (and i'm dreaming of)
the nice things (the nice things)
he'll say (he'll say)
tell me, wishing well
will my wish come true,
will my wish come with your magic spell

won't you tell my loved one what to do?

I also hardcore feel like listening to some Disney On the Record (a broadway show of disney medleys, basically, kind of dumb but i saw it at starlight FRONT ROW CENTER and it was EPIC, I mean when the chick was singing "part of your world" she was making EYE CONTACT WITH ME AND ASKING ME, "what do you call it?") (lolol) (that actress now plays Mary Poppins on Broadway), but i took that cd out of my car at some point and it seems like a lot of effort to find it on my ipod, turn off shuffle, etc. hahaha

I should go to bed. Stop whining about my disney dilemma. Can't actually do anything about it at the moment--bedtime--but I can wish! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment